Rally to The Pacific 2022
Join us as we set sail from New Zealand to Fiji & New Caledonia this season on the Pacific Rally 2022!
We now have two departure dates:
2 May - join us for pre-departure events & final preparations at the Bay of Islands Marina in Opua where rally participants can berth on the breakwater docks and recieve a very generous 33% discount any time from now until our departure date in early May. We’ve got lots of fun things planned at the marina in the week leading up to our planned departure and you'll go in the draw to win one FREE berth and one free lift / hold / waterblast / return* (conditions apply)
7 May - weather permitting and under the guidance of Bruce Buckley our weather router, we will check out of NZ and head for Fiji where you have a choice of entering at Denerau or Savusavu.
24 June - join us in Whangarei for pre-departure events and final preparations at Whangarei Marina where rally participants will get 50% off berth costs for up to a month prior to departure. (You may be rafted up with other rally boats)
29 June - weather permitting and under the guidance of Bruce Buckely our weather router, we will check out of Whangarei and head for Fiji where you'll once again have the option of arriving at Denerau or Savusavu
Get access to all our cruising preparation workshops and webinars which will cover off all kinds of topics including setting up your IridiumGO, getting the most from your PredictWind weather subscription, communications at sea, passage planning, what to see and do in Fiji & New Caledonia, and assistance with all the paperwork to complete before you leave and on arrival in Fiji.
We can also help with crew - and have got a list of enthusiastic volunteers who are keen to help you with the ocean passage.
You'll also receive a rally pack containing a detailed rally guide which includes details of all the best places to visit, cultural considerations, tips on local rules and regulations, navigation, weather, tides, health, and where to go for repairs and assistance. You'll also get a paper copy of the ocean chart from NZ to Fiji, a Radio handbook, information about Biosecurity and some awesome goodies from our amazing sponsors including Hunting & Fishing, Radix Nutrition, Octacle, Seasick Sunscreen, Whangarei Marina, Bay of Islands Marina, Parker Marine Group, New Caledonia Tourism and more!
You'll get daily weather updates and be tracked along the way by Peter Mott our Passage Guardian, and those with SSB Radio will also have the option of doing scheds with the other rally participants via Gulf Harbour Radio. We will also have a PredictWind Pacific Rally tracker where your friends and family can follow your progress. The RCCNZ will also be notified of the rally departure and will provide emergency assistance if required.
We've applied for permission to enter Minerva Reef en-route, but so far have not had a response. Watch this space!
After some arrival formalities and a welcome celebration, you'll be free to explore Fiji at your leisure, catching up with your rally friends along the way. We've got some fun stuff planned with the marinas up there too. More details to come soon!
If you need any help or advice while you're in Fiji, we are just a phone call away. We can help arrange repairs, get parts delivered, help with crew and whatever else you may need.
On the 15 - 19th September you are invited to join us at Musket Cove for Fiji Regatta Week where there will be heaps of fun events and activities. From there you can choose to extend your stay or continue on to...
Yes the borders are finally open! We will sail to Noumea - once again under the guidance of our amazing weather router, where we will help you through all the paperwork and you will then have a few weeks to explore this exciting destination. The rally add-on for New Caledonia will include the additional Ocean chart from New Caledonia back to NZ as well as the awesome Rocket Guide to New Caledonia - an interactive cruising guide that has an incredible amount of detail.
We will start looking for a weather window to head for home, or take the opportunity to continue on to Australia with our friends from Down Under Rally. Otherwise if the weather is favourable, we'll try for a stop at Norfolk Island before continuing on to New Zealand where the rally will conclude at the Bay of Islands Marina.
- 33% discount from Bay of Islands Marina on berthage on their breakwater dock from now until departure - plus go in the draw to win a FREE berth for your entire stay and a FREE haulout and waterblast! (conditions apply)
- BBQ and fishing gear demonstration at Burnsco Opua Marina
- Social gatherings at Opua Cruising Club.
- 50% discount from Whangarei Marina for a month prior to departure of the rally
- Discounts at Denerau Marina - details TBA
- Discounts at Copra Shed Marina - Savusavu - details TBA
- Welcome & orientation events in Fiji
- Assistance getting prepared to go offshore through our Cruising Preparation Workshops. Helping get you, your crew and your vessel ready for Cat 1. All the content is online with regular webinars, email updates and online resources.
- PredictWind webinar - About PredictWind and what we offer. Focus on Iridium Go and Offshore App
- PredictWind webinar - IridiumGO – How to set up and use
- PredictWind webinar - Offshore App - How to use on sat connection and passage specific use.
- Island Cruising webinar - documentation for departing NZ and arriving Fiji & New Caledonia
- The paper chart from NZ to Fiji
- Assistance with all the administration and paperwork with going offshore. We make sure you know all the current rules and regulations and are there to help.
- The services of a Professional Weather Router - Bruce Buckley on the ocean passages.
- Passage Guardian service
- SSB Radio scheds and updates throughout the passage from Gulf Harbour Radio
- A comprehensive Rally Guide for each destination packed with tips, places to go, local contacts, cultural considerations, and much more to help you get the most out of your voyage, we've done all the research for you.
- A free digital subscription to Boating NZ Magazine
- Special rates with Port Whangarei Marine Centre haulout and boat yard
- Special rates with Marine Diesel Solutions - 0220 429 349 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15% discount from Dockland 5 Marine Whangarei
- A rally pack and goody bag with local information, sponsored products, discounts and more.
- Discounted charts and cruising guides from TransPacific Marine.
- Discounts on Oceania Medical Marine Medic courses and Cat 1 Medical Kits & top-ups
- Discounts on Advanced Sea Survival Courses with Skipper Training
- Huge discounts on Helly Hansen sailing gear - wet weather gear, bags, gloves, shoes etc.
- Special rates with Nautilus Braids
- Special rates from Zoom Sails
- Discounted courtesy flags with Bato Flags
- Rally battle flag sponsored by Bato Flags
- Discounts with Hydrovane
- Discounts with Open Ocean Watermakers
- Assistance with Bluewater Insurance for the vessel & crew 10% off from Topsail Insurance
- PredictWind Rally Tracker with your IridiumGO
- 20% discount on your weather routing subscription with PredictWind
- 10% discount from SeaLogs
- Up to 10% discount from Safety At Sea
- Up to 15% discount from Cater Marine chandlery
- 10% discount on rigging hardware from Sailutions
- 15% off Buoycatcher - a special magic boat hook and register before 31 March to go in the draw to win a free Buoycatcher!
- Register before 31 March to go in the draw to win an awesome Seaglass Jobag or sailpouch!
- Discounts with Yacht Delivery Solutions - if you need a professional to help you get the boat to or from the Islands.
- Assistance & discounts with setting up a WiFi system on your boat from Global Marine
- Crew Seeker - assistance with getting crew, crew travel & logistics advice from House of Travel and changing crew offshore
- Advice & support if things go wrong
- The flexibility to cruise with your friends or do your own thing - the choice is yours
- Refund if COVID border closures means we can't go offshore
- Fishing tackle from Hunting & Fishing
- A selection of smoothies & meals from Radix Nutrition
- Goodies from Octacle
- Goodies from Seasicksunscreen
- Spot prizes from Parker Marine Group
- The opportunity to get involved with Sea Mercy Fiji & Byond Disaster Relief aid projects if you wish.
- An ICNZ Burgee & plaque
New Caledonia Add-On - NZD$360.00 includes:
- Rocket guide for New Caledonia for the New Caledonia add-on pack
- The ocean chart Tasman Sea from New Caledonia to NZ
- Webinar on New Caledonia from Richard Chesher - designer of the Rocket Guide
- Weather routing from Fiji to New Caledonia around 20 September
- Weather routing from New Caledonia to NZ around 20 October
- Finish in Australia with Down Under Rally
- The option to also stop in Vanuatu if the borders open in time
- Flexible departure dates
- Other options available - please ask.
I'll do my best to advise of any additional costs you may incur along the way.
- Country entry fees - variable costs paid locally on arrival
- COVID tests if required
- Insurance - vessel & crew
- Marina/mooring fees
- Personal expenses
- Meals & drinks at events
You Will Need
- A sense of adventure
- A Cat 1 Safety Certificate for NZ Vessels - Internationally registered vessels do not need to have a safety inspection but are expected to be suitably prepared and seaworthy for an offshore voyage. The skipper is solely responsible for the safety of the vessel and crew. It is up to you to make the decision to set sail or participate in any of the rally activities and you do so at your own risk.
- AIS for tracking across the Pacific
- The ability to recieve emails via satellite or SSB connection - a backup form of communication is highly recommended.
- All crew must be fully vaccinated to enter Fiji & New Caledonia. They are also invited to join Island Cruising so they can participate in our online training, webinars and communications groups. They can join here. If you are interested in crewing please join Island Cruising and complete our CrewSeeker application form here.
If you missed it, you can watch our Pacific Rally launch online here.
$1595.00 per vessel to Fiji
$95.00 per crew member
Vanuatu Addon - price $TBA
New Caledonia - NZD$360.00
Get in touch if you'd like to do something different. Happy to help.
Registrations are now open! A deposit of $500 will secure your place, with the balance due 6 weeks prior to departure.
Register online here: Pacific Rally 2022 Registration Form
If you have any questions please drop me an email - email@example.com
Thanks to Justin & Linda Bragg for the photos!