Sail To New Zealand Rally
Join us to sail to New Zealand this summer! Applications are now open for our Sail South to New Zealand rally for 2023.
(Fast forward the first 17mins - it was just me getting the livestream all set up)
Whangarei Marine Facilities - check out this clip on YouTube.
Aotearoa New Zealand is a fantastic place to spend the southern hemisphere summer. With excellent marine facilities, incredible cruising destinations to explore, friendly people, tax free benefits and easy access back to Tonga, Fiji and the South West Pacific in 2024, we'd love to welcome you to our special part of the world.
- New Caledonia
Rally Schedule 2023
5 September - Rally social gathering at the Island Bar in Musket Cove prior to the Musket Cove Regatta week
Late September - webinar update: Immigration and visitors visas for New Zealand, Ministry of Primary Industries - biosecurity regulations for New Zealand & Customs - how to complete all the paperwork for visiting New Zealand
25 - 29 September - Vava'u Blue Water Festival
15 October - Be prepared for a weather window to depart for New Zealand - get advice from our professional weather router for a suitable window and daily updates on passage when departing with the group.
8 - 12 November 2023 - Bay of Islands Cruisers Festival - welcome to New Zealand! A week long of events to welcome you to our special part of the world.
When you arrive in New Zealand you can choose to do some work on your boat, park up and head home for Christmas, cruise at your leisure or join our South Island Rally. There are so many amazing places to explore including:
- Northland and the Bay of Islands
- Hauraki Gulf - Auckland and the Coromandel
- Marlborough Sounds
- Stewart Island
- Banks Peninsula
Don't miss the SailGP in Auckland - 23-24 March 2024
- Webinars as detailed above with Immigration, Biosecurity & Customs to ensure you comply with the NZ entry regulations
- 1:1 assistance if you have any questions
- All the paperwork you need for entering New Zealand
- Assistance from a professional weather router for the passage south to New Zealand in mid-October, picking a weather window and daily updates when sailing with the group departure. (Or sail on your own preferred date and pay the additional cost for 1:1 weather assistance)
- Daily SSB Scheds with Gulf Harbour Radio
- Passage Guardian service
- A detailed rally guide book with an overview of all our favourite cruising destinations in New Zealand
- Rally pack with goodies including a NZ Maritime Radio Handbook, information regarding the NZ fishing regulations and more (pack will be sent to your port of entry for collection on arrival)
- The paper chart of New Zealand
- Discounts on other charts and cruising guides from TransPacific Marine
- The option to add-on the South Island Rally - connect with those heading further south for an additional NZD$200
- A WhatsApp group to stay connected to those heading in the same direction
- Help with finding crew to make the passage
- Excellent discounts from our sponsors
- One year complimentary membership of Island Cruising NZ
- PredictWind Rally Tracker
- Island Cruising Shore crew support during your stay in New Zealand
- A NZD$200 discount on our 2024 Rally to the Pacific.
- Customs/Immigration/Quarantine & Health expenses which are paid locally
- Vessel and personal travel insurance expenses
- Optional additional events and activities
- Mooring & berthing fees
The safety of the vessel and her crew is the sole and inescapable responsibility of the skipper at all times.
We recommend that vessels are prepared to a Cat 1 Safety Standard for making the passage south.
All vessels will need to have a means of obtaining emails on passage to get the weather routing emails sent to you.
The rally registration fee is NZD$500.00. A deposit of $100.00 will secure your place on the rally. The balance is due by 15 September 2023.
We recommend you register early to assist with your preparations and to get the most value out of all the assistance and support we provide in the lead up to the event.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Keen to join us?
Registrations are now closed
Island Cruising NZ
P: 021 438 977
An ocean adventure without leaving Australia, the Beyond the Barrier to the Coral Sea is a true bluewater adventure in Australia's back yard. ...
We're excited to launch the South Island Rally 2023 - 2024 Departing from the North Island at the end of December, the rally will include Abel Tasman, Marlborough, Fiordland, Stewart Island, Dunedin, Akaroa & Lyttelton. Cruise with the group or do your own thing, the choice is yours. We'll help you prepare for the voyage, assist with crew, give you details on where to go, provide back up support, great discounts and connect you with the others heading in your direction. Click for more info. ...